Live the Life South Florida is committed to restoring the institution of family by providing educational classes, workshops, and events to ages ranging from middle school to senior adulthood. To create healthy communities, it is imperative to start at home, where the foundation is a solid marriage. A variety of relationship education programs are offered through Live the Life, including intensive workshops like “Adventures in Marriage.”
Through Adventures in Marriage, we provide coaching, classes, workbooks, communication cards, and one-on-one support. All couples, regardless of their age or relationship stage, can benefit from the fun, practical exercises, and easy-to-follow instructions within this workshop. Aimed at helping couples across a broad spectrum of seasons, this workshop can help partners who are preparing for marriage, need a marriage refresh, as well as those who are struggling and stressed.
Adventures in Marriage is designed to challenge, strengthen, and encourage you and your spouse to deepen your love for one another. Understand how your personality affects your relationship and how you can stay in touch, communicate effectively, resolve conflicts, and meet each other’s needs. Through a combination of Christian principles and the latest research, this workshop offers specific, practical, and attainable skills for a successful marriage. When the gospel is our source of hope, we will find encouragement in the resources of Christ to help us build healthy marriages and happy homes.
Benefits of Adventures in Marriage:
- Identify when your marriage communication style is more problematic than the actual issue you are facing.
- Empathize with your partner instead of harboring secret resentment.
- Communicate clearly so that your thoughts and feelings can be recognized and understood without causing your spouse to feel defensive, resentful, overwhelmed, manipulated or inadequate.
- Learn to avoid assumptions and mind reading, which can cause misunderstandings between couples.
- Accept and express anger without destroying love. Strive to resolve the issue at hand in a way that promotes a closer relationship with your spouse.
- Rather than viewing your spouse as a threat, acknowledge and enjoy your differences as a couple.
- Identify what was wrong in previous relationships, in addition to what is going wrong now.
- Curriculum benefits faith-based couples and non-faith-based couples.
You can have the marriage you’ve always wanted with the spouse you already have! Visit our website to learn more about Adventures in Marriage — including upcoming classes, in-person and virtual sessions, and more: https://livethelifesoflo.org/adventures-in-marriage/